When was the last time you attended a barbecue? Let’s rephrase that, how often do you host or attend barbecues? If you do, how was your last grilled shrimp and how can you improve on your recipe for your next barbecue?
Have you tried to find out how you can make the recipe better and help you enjoy your grilled shrimp? Well, your search is now over as you can find all that you need about grilled shrimp in this post.
Below, you’ll find recipes of how you can spice up your grilled shrimp and make your barbecue one that will remain on not only your mind but also on the minds of your visitors. All that deliciousness is up next.
Spicy Grilled Shrimp
Shrimp is quite easy to prepare if you want it simple. But if you want spicy you need to have something extra. You’ll need to spend close to 25 minutes to prepare this dish that can change your barbecue experience.
- Shrimp, of course, there should be at least 2 pounds of shrimp. And they should be peeled and deveined.
- Lemon juice and this should be around 2 teaspoons
- 8 lemon wedges this will be used for garnishing of your shrimp
- Paprika, at least one teaspoon of it to add flavor and spice up the experience
- Garlic, this is for extra flavor to your shrimp
- Cayenne pepper for spicing
- Olive oil this will help to keep the shrimp moist, no one loves dry shrimp
How To Prepare
- Crash the garlic in a small bowl, couple it with salt for easy crashing.
- Mix paprika, Cayenne pepper then add olive oil to stir, you should then add in the lemon juice that you had squeezed from fresh lemon.
- Combine the crushed garlic and the paprika, pepper and olive oil mixture into a big bowl. Mix together again until they form a paste.
- Add the shrimps into the mixture and mix the shrimp with the mixture until all the shrimp is evenly coated.
- Oil the grill gate – this should be light oiling to the grill gate.
- Heat the grill at medium level, at least 400 degrees hot.
- Cook either side of the shrimp for around 2-3 minutes. Or wait until they have cooked to opaque.
- Now garnish with the lemon wedges
Grilled Shrimp (With Honey Garlic Marinade)
One of the easiest grilled shrimp recipes to prepare is this one as you only soak the shrimp in the ingredients for around 30 minutes. Then you grill them in a flash and all the juicy flavors are tucked in.
- Shrimp – you can use large shrimps or even jumbo.
- Honey – this is to add the sweet flavour and you can use real maple syrup.
- Garlic – fresh to add flavour and some sort of health value
- Soy Sauce – use regular or low sodium based sauce. It all depends on how salty you like your food.
- Olive Oil – to keep the exterior of the shrimp from drying
- Green Onions – preferable for flavor and coloring of the shrimp
How To Prepare
- Pour your soy sauce, honey, olive oil, garlic cloves in a bowl and whisk them together to create the marinade
- Pour the marinade on the shrimps and run them together gently. You should then transfer the mixture, marinade and shrimp to your refrigerator. Then allow it to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat your grill to around 400 degrees
- Thread the shrimps on skewers top to bottom and have at least 5-6 shrimps per skewer.
- It should take at most 2 minutes for both sides to cook considering the size of the shrimps (extra large and jumbo shrimps).
Preparing shrimp should be a fun experience especially if you’re looking to present it at your next barbecues. Shrimp is great because it is healthy and gives you a juicy contrast to meat, so it’s up to you to make it shine.
Table of Contents